IJMB is an advanced level programme and the full meaning of the acronym is Interim Joint Matriculation Board.
The A LEVEL PROGRAM (IJMB) is an Advanced Level program supervised, run and moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, which allow successful students to get admissions into 200L of any Nigerian university of their choice. Normally, is supposed to be 12 months program, but since students are not going to resumed at the same time, hence we have students who only ended spending between 10 months and 9 months throughout the program.
The A LEVEL PROGRAM (IJMB) is a federal government approved program of 9 month moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. It is designed to solve problems of admission for candidates seeking admission into Nigeria University instead of JAMB.
The examination is conducted in the first-quarter of every year, while the results is released in due time for admission processing. Interested Candidate are expected to select any THREE (3) A LEVEL SUBJECTS related to their course of study From:
1.Physics, Chemistry, biology, Mathematics & Geography for SCIENCE CANDIDATES
2. Economics, Business management, Accounts, Government, Sociology, CRS/IRS, Literature for ARTS/SOCIAL SCIENCE/HUMATIES CANDIDATES.
On completion of the programme, successful candidates can use their result to gain admission into 200 level in any Nigeria university through direct entry. When admission begins in September/October, they are then shortlisted for admission into their chosen institution.
Most candidate who failed either in jamb or post ume in the past always do this program and most of them get admission into 200level and meet their colleagues in 200 level. The good news is that a lot of people are entering into the university via IJMB program directly into 200 level because of its relevance.
The A LEVEL PROGRAM (IJMB) allows you to choose three courses/subjects that are related to what you want to study in the university of your choice.
1. The result takes whopping of 7 years to expire unlike your JAMB that is only for a year.
2. You can use it over and over again
3. You can still be doing it and apply for JAMB if you want to kill two birds with a stone
4. You will have higher PGD in your university as is going to be divided by 3years not four years not four years like others who used JAMB.
5. You have more advantages of being admitted unlike those used JAMB since students with A level Result(IJMB Result) are very fewer in ratio.
Most People have not heard of the programme , and it has been rapidly productive originating from the north and spreading to other parts of the country.
A’ Level is a unique level programme for undergraduate seeking admission into any university of their choice.
You will be admitted into 200 level, without writing UTME.
Upon successful completion of the programme, apply for any school of your choice